When it comes to hair removal methods these days there are so many different options that we have available to us. Waxing has been around for a while and most of us turn to this method in order to achieve smooth and hair-free skin. Now there’s a different method that is a lot more natural than waxing and less painful. Sugaring is a paste that seeps into the hair follicle. This helps lubricate the hair root regardless of whether it’s on the legs or anywhere else on your skin. The actual sugaring paste looks like honey, except the consistency is a lot thicker. With sugaring, the hair gets removed the same direction it grows which means less breakage and less ingrown hairs for you. Another huge plus of sugaring is that it’s environmentally friendly, because it is all natural and doesn’t require any strips or sticks. Sugaring to some can be painful since the application of the wax is applied in the opposite direction of the hair growth. Because wax sticks to any surface it is applied to, pulling it away causes unwarranted pain. High Brow Beauty offers both sugaring and waxing, we stay away from threading and trust our classic waxing methods mostly for beautiful brows. But when it comes to a Brazilian, sugaring or waxing: it’s completely up to you. Try them both so you know exactly which technique fits your body best.
- Because sugaring paste does not adhere to live skin cells the way most waxes do, it pulls up only hair not skin minimizing topical pain.
- Sugaring paste is generally made from a few basic ingredients, including sugar, water, and lemon juice.
- Sugaring paste is water-soluble, so any residue left behind can be easily washed off after the procedure.
- Sugar is removed in the same direction of hair growth so less likely to get ingrown hairs.
- Waxing differs from sugaring in that waxing need to be applied at a higher temperature then sugar.
- Wax is applied in the same direction of hair growth and removed against.
- Tends to be a slightly faster in the application then with sugaring, so if you like quick waxing maybe a better option for you.